Sunday, 9 December 2012

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #85 meets Cloud9

I really should rename my sketches for Sketchbook Mondays, or best Sketchbook Whatever Day It Happens On... I guess now that I made them two-weekers, I feel less pressure to make it on time, and let's face it - Christmastime is not the best to be on track with everything. However, I remember getting frustrated with my favourite challenges not being up when expected, and so once again my apologies to anyone who had to wait! 


I hope you'll like this sketch. It's open for interpretation even more than usual, and I'm sharing two different takes on it to help illustrate the many ways you can use it.

My first card also follows the inspiration from Cloud9 December Blog Hop (photo below the card).



All stamps are from WPlus9, except from the clusters of tiny stars, that I had to "borrow" from a Waltzingmouse set. I used Winter Wishes along with Poinsettia Patterns for the sentiment only.

My second card is a colourful, scrappy, birthday version, with lots of miscellaneous October Afternoon/MME/Crate Paper/Echo Park goodness. The sentiment is from PTI (Big & Bold Wishes).



How 'bout that? I can't wait to see your takes :)

---------------------------------------------------
A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, use the code SSC85.
- Feel free to share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every other Saturday (occasionally Sunday/Monday, if I'm running late), but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------

10 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are just incredible! Love each and every little detail that you added. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautifully each of those elements work together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful cards. Love the colors u used specially the yellow...so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are fabulously fun!! I'm smiling!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Chupa! You absolutely knocked it out of the park! Your card is the PERFECT interpretation of the Cloud9 inspiration!!!!
    I love your sketch too! I'm bringing that to my stamp room today. Hopefully it will help me find my mojo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh-so-pretty! This is a beautiful take on the inspiration photo, I love the way you combined elements. Glad to see you joining us for the Cloud9 Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drooling here Chupa! Wow! So many beauties to soak in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw this spotlighted on Moxie Fab ... what a beautiful creation, and such an unexpected color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two stunning cards, Chupa! The detail on your Cloud9 card is amazing! Such a feast for the eyes and great choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards always amaze me, Chupa! You are the asymmetry Queen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012