Saturday, 22 December 2012

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #86

Hmmm... first off, did you notice that I'm NOT late with the sketch, for a change? This post was neatly scheduled  a day earlier, call it a moment of triumph in the midst of sheer madness :)

I wanted to give many thanks to everyone who took the time to leave such lovely, meaningful comments under yesterday's post. The number of visitors to my blog dropped significantly in the recent months and I was wondering whether any more changes of direction are going to affect these numbers further. Of course I can't know that, but it's beautiful and reassuring to know that there are people like you, on whose support I can count :) You're a blessing.

Today's sketch was inspired by Joy's gorgeous work. Everything she does takes my breath away, but I kept coming back to this particular card, which hooked me up on Lovely Layers set from PTI. I still don't own it (their international postage is a killer; if it wasn't for it, there would be plenty more PTI on my blog). But hey, I can work around inconveniences like these if needed ;)
Oh, here's one more card of the same style... did I tell you that Joy rocks?? Yeah.


To get started, I pulled out the papers from My Mind's Eye, the magnificent All Is Bright Christmas pad. While it's possibly the most gorgeous bunch of designs for the Holidays and whatnot, I shamefully didn't cut into any of it until now. Not into the tiniest bit. Me, who was always positively mad about patterned papers. Duh.
I had this unexpected crisis a few weeks back, where I seem to have forgotten how to use these purty things. Seriously. When these things happen, you know it's gotten serious and it's time for action. Hence yesterday's post, again.
But I digress.


For the stamping bit, I used the Vintage Garden Seed Packet set from Waltzingmouse. Love the vintage label-stylized sentiments and I see them popping up in an ever increasing number of stamp designs. Which makes my heart sing... I'll be possibly looking into getting some more of this sort, in the new year :)

A wee strip of glittered cardstock (Core'dinations) and a label sticker from Basic Grey's Plumeria, are other supplies I've got in here. The flower (also from the forementioned Waltzingmouse set) was paper pieced with scraps of CS and patterned paper. I used grey ink to stamp it with, black looked too obtrusive.

I almost forgot that there is also a challenge inspiration behind this number - the truly lovely Tuesday Trigger: Sweet Dreams. I was sold at aqua :)


This is my last sketch for this year, next one will fall on my birthday, the 5th of January... I'll be away on a vacation still on that day, but fret not, I'll have a wee something scheduled for you :)
In the meantime, I hope you'll enjoy this one!

---------------------------------------------------
A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, use the code SSC86.
- Feel free to share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every other Saturday (occasionally Sunday/Monday, if I'm running late), but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the colors. I played along again. Will post my card later today.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided to use this sketch again to make some thank you cards that I'm going to send to my family members for the Christmas gifts they sent. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sketch! Plus your card with the bloom is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful sketch! Love the card too! Thank you for inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012